Champs is our final meet of the season in which all teams in the JSSL League compete in the same meet. Champs 2020 date and location are still TBD. All eligible swimmers are welcome and encouraged to join the fun. To be eligible to swim at Champs, swimmers must swim in at least two dual meets during the season. The sign up deadline is the Wednesday two weeks before Champs.
Please note that all Champs information can be found on the JSSL website, www.jssl.org.
If you have any questions regarding Champs, please contact Christine Hodson (email@example.com).
Have questions about your volunteer assignments? On the day of the meet, feel free to call: Christine Hodson at (650) 799-8093.
ARRIVAL TIME AND PARKING
Please arrive by 7:15am at the De Anza College, Stelling Parking Structure. Parking fee is $3. Parking is strictly enforced. We’ve been cautioned not to park in spaces marked “staff.” (Parents have been ticketed at other swim meets for parking in staff spots at De Anza.)
Greenmeadow will be in the same team space as the last three years (North Deck of the pool, Area W on Map, p. 5). We will be sharing our team space with Brookside. They are a large team, so please be considerate of the space and share your tent shades with other Marlin families. There are no tent shades allowed in the bleachers. As you face the team space, Greenmeadow will be on the right-hand-side.
GREENMEADOW WARM-UPS: (new format this year)
7:30-8:30am. More details will be sent this week about which Marlin practice groups will be in which lanes. Stay tuned.
8:30am – Team Cheers start at 8:30am sharp!
Greenmeadow will be the last team to do their team cheer. Meet in the bleachers near our group area (map p. 5, Area W).
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS:
- Parents pick up your nametags and deck passes at the volunteer check-in table (see map p. 5, area 4) between 7:15-8:00am.
- Pre-Meet/Warm-Up Marshals pick up your nametags and deck passes at 7am and head to your meeting at 7:15am.
- See map p. 6 for parent meeting times and locations.
- 2nd half workers – Please attend the pre-meet instructional meeting for your job. There is no separate meeting for 2nd half workers.
- 2nd half workers – Your shift begins at Event 31. Please arrive to your job by Event 26.
- Programs will be for sale for $5.
- There will be two food trucks on site for both breakfast and lunch.
WHAT TO BRING TO CHAMPS
- Extra goggles and cap
- Marlin’s shirt
- Plenty of water/drinks/snacks/food
- Items to keep you entertained between events, including games, books and toys
- $$ for parking ($3, cash or card), food programs and Champ's shirts
- Sharpie pen to write event/heat/lane assignments
- Parents – Wear your Marlins pin and swag
- Canopies for shade
- Team spirit!
- REMEMBER … it is crucial that our swimmers stay out of the sun as much as possible the days leading up to Champs. They should stay hydrated, relaxed and not overexert themselves on Saturday, and get a good night’s rest. Save it for Champs!
Good luck Marlins!!