Champs is our final meet of the season in which all teams in the JSSL League compete in the same meet. Champs 2020 will be Sunday, July 12th, at Independence High School. All eligible swimmers are welcome and encouraged to join the fun. To be eligible to swim at Champs, swimmers must swim in at least two dual meets during the season. The sign up deadline is the Wednesday two weeks before Champs.
Please note that all Champs information can be found on the JSSL website, www.jssl.org.
If you have any questions regarding Champs, please contact Christine Hodson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have questions about your volunteer assignments? On the day of the meet, feel free to call: Christine Hodson at (650) 799-8093.
7:30-8:30am - Warm ups
8:30am – Team Cheers start at 8:30am sharp!
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS:
- Parents pick up your nametags and deck passes at the volunteer check-in table between 7:15-8:00am.
- Pre-Meet/Warm-Up Marshals pick up your nametags and deck passes at 7am and head to your meeting at 7:15am.
- See map p. 6 for parent meeting times and locations.
- 2nd half workers – Please attend the pre-meet instructional meeting for your job. There is no separate meeting for 2nd half workers.
- 2nd half workers – Your shift begins at Event 31. Please arrive to your job by Event 26.
- Programs will be for sale for $5.
- There will be two food trucks on site for both breakfast and lunch.
WHAT TO BRING TO CHAMPS
- Extra goggles and cap
- Marlin’s shirt
- Plenty of water/drinks/snacks/food
- Items to keep you entertained between events, including games, books and toys
- $$ for food, programs, and Champ's shirts
- Sharpie pen to write event/heat/lane assignments
- Parents – Wear your Marlins pin and swag
- Canopies for shade
- Team spirit!
- REMEMBER … it is crucial that our swimmers stay out of the sun as much as possible the days leading up to Champs. They should stay hydrated, relaxed and not overexert themselves on Saturday, and get a good night’s rest. Save it for Champs!
Good luck Marlins!!